Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2 New Techniques in One Card

Hello again. I have a few cards to show you today. This card I managed to get 2 new techniques ( new to me anyway) done. First was the Cracked Glass Technique. I have really had fun with this one and is so easy. I stamped the image in brown ink and colored it in using markers. I than did 3 coats of the Ultra Thick embossing powder and put it in the freezer for 5 mins and than cracked it. I did rub ink over the cracks to kind of antique it a bit. The second technique was the marble technique. I loved doing this one too. Since it was the first time I had done it I just used one color of ink to make the background paper. Next time I will try more than one. :) I hope that you will give both of these techniques a try they are a lot of fun. Thanks for looking. 



 Stamps: Spring Song- Stampin Up, Happy Birthday- Everyday Expressions The Paper Studio Paper: Brown, Cream- The Paper Studio, Georgia Pacific White- Walmart Ink- Close To Cocoa, Various Markers- Stampin Up Ultra Thick Embossing Powder Chocolate Chip Ribbon- Stampin Up Nestabilities- Oval and Scallop Ovals

1 comment:

The Mama Monkey said...

So beautiful! And I love the cracked glass technique! It is like magic, huh??