Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sympathy Card



Richard also needed a sympathy card. I used a marbled yellow CS for the base. Daisy DP strip on the edge and blue for the second layer. Stamped the daisy on water color paper with black Stazon, used my chalk pencils and blender pen to color it in. I really like using the chalk pencils on the water color paper and using the blender pen to blend it all together. I used SU's Warm Regards to stamp "With Sympathy" first I stamped in Morning Glory ink and then stamped in Basic Black just a little "off". I like the way it looked, they yellow kinda gave it a little bit of a shadow effect. I mounted the daisy on yellow CS. And finished it off with yellow ribbon that I got from Michael's. I think Sympathy cards are hard to make, but I like the way this one turned out. I really like the layout. I saw the sketch on Beate's Blog, Fresh and Fun (sorry haven't figured out how to add a link yet). I love to read her blog and see the idea's she comes up with, she does such beautiful work. Hope y'all have a wonderful evening.

No comments: